Thursday, March 25, 2010

book movies

So, while I am watching New Moon I got to thinking about books that get turned into movies. They're either really good or really bad.

Let's start with Twilight. It had the potential to be a really good movie. But instead it looked really bad. I mean it was blue for goodness sake. Who wants to watch a movie that's blue. I mean I went and saw it a bunch of times in theatres and who knows how many times, but the more I watch it the worse it gets. But thankfully New Moon got better. So, I am hoping that as they go along they will just continually get better.





















Now Dear John that was a good book to movie. It had most of the same story with only a few changes that didn't change the story too much. And they had a good script and director who knew what they were doing when they made the movie.

Even though Vampire Diaries is a show not a movie I'm gonna include it anyway. Now, I love the books and the show, but other than the characters and the main premise they are nothing the same. The books focus mainly on the love triangle between Elena, Stefan, and Damon, while the show doesn't have that. But by doing them differently they made it to where you could have almost two different stories for the characters to choose which one you like the best.


Since the Last Song hasn't been released yet I can't really comment on how it actually is, but from the commercials, clips, and things I've read it seems that the movie has followed the book pretty good so I am very excited to see how the final movie comes out. Another book that will be interesting to see is The Hunger Games. It's not supposed to come out until 2011, but they could either make it a really good movie or it could turn out horribly wrong in which case I would probably cry. Not really, but I would be really mad at whoever made it. What book to movies do you really like or despise?

TTFN

2 comments:

chelsea said...

Lets talk about A Walk to Remember. It takes place in the 50's and in the book, Landon gives Jamies Ring back to her dad after she dies because he found another woman. I saw the movie like 8 years before I read the book, and I loved the movie and actually wanted to hurl the book across the room....yes. It's tragic.

Adrian said...

I forgot all about that one. Yes, I felt the same way about it. A lot of differences.