Saturday, February 12, 2011

Scary thoughts

Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to go to UTK for college. I dreamed about going there and being in a sorority and making tons of friends and having the time of my life. Then one day that was no longer the dream. I don't know what changed my mind, it just happened one day. And now, I only find myself second guessing everything. One day I wanna go to UTC, the next I want to stay at Motlow for a year, and occassionally I just want to go to MTSU. I always said I would never go to MTSU, but one day it didn't seem so bad anymore. It's still my last choice but sometimes I think it would just be easy. I'm too scared to actually commit to choosing one place because I'm scared I will regret it. That no matter what I choose to do I will unhappy and think I made the wrong decision. I'm scared that if I go away I'll end up hating it and come back home after a semester and feel like a failure. I don't know what I want to do for the rest of my life, and don't feel like I'm old enough to decide, so why is it that this is the age people want you to? I talk myself into changing my mind at least twice a day, but pretty soon I'm gonna have to make a definate decision and I'm not ready to.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

All you can do is think of what you think will make you happiest. It was a hard choice for me too. and no it does not get easier. I find myself second guessing where I am and what I am doing alot. but then there are some days where I just know that this is what is right for me now. of course I am partial to UTC but if you feel like you can not handle the whole college experience right off the bat than I would go with Motlow. nothing wrong with it.

S said...

That seems to be everyone's fear and I say go with your gut!
Or if you must, make a pro/cons list.
If you didn't get into one of them which would you be most upset about?
Good luck deciding!